Supporting

Friday 1 August 2014

Skype

Hello again.

I've just set myself up with a university Skype account, the intention being to use it to support students who are away from campus for whatever reason. I've no idea whether this will be popular or not, but I like trying new things and anything that makes people feel supported and less isolated is clearly a good thing.

What I'll do next is come up with a schedule of the days and times when I'll offer Skype sessions (I'll take advice from your lecturers to ensure it doesn't clash with key lectures) and then publicise it through BREO announcements, lecture drop ins and the blog.

If you've got any immediate thoughts on this idea then email me or leave a comment at the bottom of this post. Do remember that you'll need to sign in before you can comment though.
What I'd ideally like to know is do you use Skype already and would you potentially use it for library appointment purposes?

Hope you're enjoying your Summer,

Alan

1 comment:

  1. I think this is a really good idea, and by using skype I think people will feel more comfortable and at ease about making appointments. But it would also be helpful during holidays for people who have kids or like myself live abroad and go home, and are therefore unable to go in for appointments.

    ReplyDelete