Supporting

Monday 10 November 2014

Anna's thoughts on dissertation planning



As a visual learner I am constantly having to organise my thoughts! 
Examtime mind maps are an excellent way to elaborate on my understanding. Take a look at my working progress mind map on Social Research Methods, full of all that irritating terminology, but it becomes so much easier once I've visualised it, I can then go on to check it with others and edit whenever I need to, I can also print and put the latest installment into my ARC folder. (Expecting a lot of corrections thrown at me now that I've had the guts to put it out there.) This was a good way to exercise my brain and recheck all my notions in my social research books.
 
 
Alongside that I am communicating with my dissertation supervisor, throwing out my ideas and having them refined and channeled into good old fashioned hard work, but at least I can pat myself on the back!
 
So that's step 2 to for my third and final year of university - what have you done so far?

No comments:

Post a Comment