Supporting

Friday 19 November 2010

I was taking Evan, my 4 year-old, to pre-school this morning.

This is him. And yes, I know he looks like trouble.

It was lovely to be out on the bike and he was singing to me from his bike seat behind me.
Without warning, the more traditional lyrics to Abba's Mama Mia morphed into, "Mama Mia, you've got a big belly like an elephant because you drink too much wine".

Now I'm not saying he doesn't have a point (although surely, 'Dad, maybe giving the rather delicious Pinot Noir a miss this evening would be beneficial to your overall health?', would have been kinder).

As much fun as it would be to write an essay about obesity based on cutting things children say, I think you'll need some evidence from grown-ups at some point! So if it's statistics you're looking for on anything health related my suggestion would be to look on the NHS website. And if any of you are currently looking for info on obesity in the UK take a look here where you'll find the latest government figures.

And this evening I will be giving the alcohol a miss, although if he thinks he's getting any cake later he'll be very disappointed...


No comments:

Post a Comment