Supporting

Tuesday 13 December 2011

Role Play resources

Occasionally I do things so you don't have to.

Let me explain. It came to my attention that we were somewhat lacking in books on how to conduct a role play. So I looked at what was available to add to stock. The answer was a frustrating 'not much' unless you fancy a career as a drama teacher. And who in their right mind wants to be a drama teacher?

So instead I turned to YouTube and here's where it got seriously weird.

Do me a favour? Don't type role-play into YouTube. It's not good.

When I'd finally recovered I tried again by typing 'role play' and added 'social work' as a safer option and it actually found something suitable. So although it's not ideal, if you want to look at some other people pretending to be clients/practitioners have a look at a couple of hundred of examples from YouTube to garner some ideas of what's expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment