Supporting

Wednesday 13 November 2013

I am clearly rubbish at everything

When I got to work today I had a few things I wanted to achieve.
None of them were particularly difficult.
Admittedly some of the things I wanted to do I hadn't done before, but...you know what... I've been doing new things for ages now so I thought I'd be fine.

Turns out I was wrong.

I achieved precisely sod all due to a combination of technological breakdown, bad luck and my own sweet incompetence. So I reacted like any normal person would by deciding I was rubbish. Rubbish at everything. Forever.

Even buying chocolate didn't help.

Right before I finished work tonight I had another go. I was still rubbish at what I was trying to do but very slightly not as rubbish as earlier.

So here's the message of encouragement dear student. We all have days where nothing (including, seemingly our own befuddled mind) works.

Keep at it-tomorrow will be better.

4 comments:

  1. Neil Gaiman agrees with you
    http://nanowrimo.org/pep-talks/neil-gaiman
    being rubbish is part of the process
    Tomorrow is another day and you might yet find the perfect chocolate bar :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarah. Gaiman has given me a lot of pleasure down the years so that'll do for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This seriously is one of the best blog posts I have ever read. Have I said that to you before? Maybe. This has got to be the best yet. We can learn so much from our vulnerabilities (its easier and more comfortable to learn it from someone else's vulnerabilities to be honest - so thanks). And I am sure things have much improved since. (I know you shouldn't start a sentence with And but I am using artistic licence.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is one of the nicest things anyone has ever said about anything I've ever written.

      Delete