Supporting

Tuesday 31 January 2012

The Welfare Reform Bill, pt 761...

I've been resisting the urge to mention the Welfare Reform Bill for a while. Partly because it's a long way from concluding but mostly because I'm having trouble understanding it all.
As I write this it has been defeated six times in the House of Lords, but this doesn't seem to be fazing MP's who have already said all the amendments will be overturned when it reaches the House of Commons. So the next parliamentary debate will be tomorrow and I promise to watch Newsnight in an attempt to understand it better.

In the meantime, here is Maria Miller, Work and Pensions minister, being interviewed about proposed changes to the CSA which was one of the proposals which the Lords has delayed.

Oh, one more thing. I watched the 1st episode of the series following the newly qualified Social Worker last night and thought it was captivating. If you watched I'd be curious to know what you thought of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment