Supporting

Saturday 11 February 2012

Do you want me to buy more books?

What's that?
You do?
I'm going to make two assumptions at this point; firstly, that you're reading this at all and secondly, you want me to buy more books.

Well now there's something practical you can do to make it more likely that my book budget will go further.

Currently VAT is charged at 20% on all e-books, whilst paper books are VAT-free. Quite frankly, this just isn't fair. So by putting your name to this e-petition you increase the likelihood of this being changed. When the petition reaches 100,000 names it has to be debated in parliament.

Even many of you leaving this year will benefit. You may not have an e-book reader today, but many of us will one day, so in the long run it'll make all paper books (they'll have to drop in price to compete) and e-books cheaper.

That's it. You can get back to your weekend now.
I'm off to play video games for 10 hours...

No comments:

Post a Comment