Supporting

Friday 11 April 2014

A new film about childhood

One of my heroes is a film maker called Mark Cousins, a softly spoken  Irishman who wears his extensive knowledge of film very lightly. His new film, about how childhood is depicted in cinema, has just been released. It's called A Story of Children and Film and I would urge, implore, beg or bribe any of you who are on a course which includes the study of children to go and see it.
I'm going to see it today with my elder son and I simply cannot wait.

The video below is the film's trailer.


If you want to see where the film is showing in London then take a look at the TimeOut website here.

I know it's a mad time of year, especially for final year students, but everything I've read and heard about A Story of Children and Film makes me feel like it'd be worth closing the books and unplugging the laptop for a few short hours and seeing it. You can also watch a review by my favourite film critic Mark Kermode, from here.

And if you decide to take me up on my recommendation please do let me know what you thought of it.


1 comment:

  1. Can you guarantee me there won't be pointless, endless shots of Christmas baubles? Our telly is heavy and if I have to throw it any distance, several toes will be in jeopardy...

    ReplyDelete