Supporting

Friday 24 June 2011

Yet another thing that myself and Lady gaga have in common...

As you're well aware certain professions come with, shall we say, baggage.

I have on occasion lied in polite conversation as to what I do for a living. This is usually because when I tell someone what I do for a living their response is something like, 'Oh it must be nice being surrounded by those lovely books'. When I point out that weeks can go by before I even stand near a book they look somewhat disappointed. So I often lie and tell people I'm a dolphin trainer instead. Unfortunately I met a marine biologist once and had to have an argument with her about the ethics of my job. My made-up job. It got complicated.

But now things have changed. I will no longer be slightly embarrassed about what I do.

Because if it's good enough for Lady Gaga, it'll do for me.

Yes, everyone's favourite barmy pop princess thinks of herself as a librarian. I'm not making this up. She said so in this interview.

So as a sign of solidarity, for all my future training sessions I'll be wearing a dress made of chopped up journals and half finished assignments. Gaga would understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment