Supporting

Monday 8 August 2011

'Generations Apart' on Radio 4

As I'm typing this a new series is being broadcast on Radio 4 that I think will be worth a listen (or a 'listen again' via the BBC website). The series is called Generations Apart and is presented by Fi Glover. The show is looking at the lives and concerns of people from two distinct generations, the 'baby-boomers' born after World War II and the so-called Generation Y born into the age of the Web. This is the kind of programme that Radio 4 does so well - a programme where the voice is the most important element.

I should probably promote Radio 4 even more than I do. As far as I'm concerned it's one of the pinnacles of British culture and has given me more pleasure and knowledge than any other medium. If you're looking for something related to your subject then try 'Thinking Allowed', a programme presented by Laurie Taylor who's a sociologist. He actually presented an episode of the show from UoB when Radio 4 toured some of their shows in 2009.


And remember that all these programmes are available to hear online for a limited period after they've been broadcast. I'll happily give you more recommendations if you're interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment