Supporting

Wednesday 10 August 2011

Great piece on the rioting by Zoe Williams in the Guardian today.

I would encourage you to read this piece from Zoe Williams on the current riots.

I don't expect everyone to agree with the sentiments expressed, it would odd if we did, but her conclusions are pretty close to my own. We're getting a lot of polemical opinions thrown at us by a 24 media at present (anyone who saw Newsnight last night will know what I mean) so quietly expressed voices of reason are in danger of being drowned out by calls for water cannons and worse. No matter what your opinion is, if you'd like to express it then I'd like to read it. After all, many of you already work with young people and have experiences and insights that I will never have. I'm a librarian who just wants a quiet life.

And finally, to any of you working or living in areas that have been affected I simply hope you're okay,

Alan


No comments:

Post a Comment