Supporting

Tuesday 27 September 2011

"The healing power of lust"

Firstly, notice the quotation marks in the title. I'll explain the title shortly.

I'm a white bloke. You may have noticed. My parents were white and their parents were white. As far as I know my genetic make up is wholly unremarkable. The reason for mentioning this is that the BBC are about to run a series of programmes on BBC2 concerning different aspects of what it means to be mixed-race.

There's a three part series coming up called Mixed Race Britain as well as programmes about specific aspects of growing up mixed-race. And in case you're still wondering the title of this post refers to something I heard Steven Jones, a world renowned expert in genetics, say this morning as a trailer for the series. He was interviewed, along with a woman who is mixed-race on the Today programme this morning. It's a great interview.

One more thing. If you're interested in reading more about issues around race we've loads of e-books on the subject. You probably know how to access the e-books already but if you need help you know where I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment