Supporting

Saturday 12 November 2011

Thinking Allowed

I'm a bit embarrassed.

I really should have mentioned 'Thinking Allowed' to you ages ago, but it kept slipping my mind. Anyway, I'm putting it right now. 'Thinking Allowed' is a programme on Radio 4 about new developments and research findings in the social sciences. When Radio 4 came to UoB a couple of years back 'Thinking Allowed' was one of the shows recorded on campus. The photo above is proof of this happening. It's fronted by the quite marvellous Laurie Taylor and if you ask me nicely I might even tell you about the time he spoke at a librarian conference I attended.
Yes, I'm afraid there really are librarian conferences.

The great thing about 'Thinking Allowed' and indeed many other Radio 4 programmes, is that there's a massive archive available online. The Thinking Allowed' archive is divided into the following searchable sections:
  1. Sex and Death,
  2. Politics and Economics
  3. Work and Play
  4. Men and Women
  5. Crime and Deviancy
  6. Race and Class 
  7. Culture and Belief
There's some brilliant stuff in the archive. If you like what you hear and would like to subscribe to the podcast of the show, just email me and I'll explain the procedure.

No comments:

Post a Comment