Supporting

Sunday 7 October 2012

New scheme proposed to increase 'front-line social workers'

I nearly didn't blog about this because I didn't want any social work students to misconstrue my intentions.

So can I first state (not for the first time) that anyone prepared to come to UoB and do the course and be a social worker has my unadulterated admiration. Is that plain enough? Good.

With that in mind I thought I'd ask you for your opinion on this. Read it?

Just to give you some background details, the Institute for Public Policy Research (IPPR) who've published this report is a think-tank charged with coming up with radical solutions to perceived problems in different areas broadly related to public policy.

The full IPPR report on the proposed changes required to social work is available here.

I would be very interested on whether you think the educational standard of social workers is one of the issues effecting the perceived low status of the profession.




No comments:

Post a Comment