Supporting

Wednesday 3 October 2012

The findings of the safeguarding report in Rochdale

I suspect you may have already read about how a number of teenage girls in Rochdale were abused, resulting in the men who perpetrated these crimes going to prison.

The subsequent report that these events prompted can be viewed and saved by clicking here.

I also heard an interview on Woman's Hour with one of the girls who was abused. Inevitably it's pretty upsetting stuff, but it does give some insights into how the abuse continued for so long. I'm not sure how long the link will work for (the BBC only leave their stuff on iplayer for so long) so my advice would be to listen to it as soon as possible. The interview is the first feature on the programme and can be heard here.

As always, let me know if you want more information on how to find reports online.




No comments:

Post a Comment