Supporting

Thursday 5 May 2011

A message from Thomas, my 9 year-old son.

Because I've talked to some of you before about the way young people view technology, the generational divide this can create and how some of you have been helped by your own children to find material for your assignments, I've asked my eldest son, who's 9, to describe his relationship with technology.
I promise the next post (which will be the last in the month-long trial) will be resource related.
His post below is all his own words which is why some of it is somewhat random! 

I don't think I would be able to live without the wonders of technology floating right under my nose. Every day I use up valuable electricity that powers our light bulbs, our game consoles (thank God for that), even the computer I am writing on right now! What we should be thinking about really when we use all this technical gear is where it came from  (O.K, I admit it, I am not really concerned about that. Really, I am being honest). It all probably started with a ape that got struck by lightning, which helped primates create a wheel, because the thunder strike created more brain cells. It does seem quite probable, to be honest.

Now I am going to stop all this and tell you what I actually think about all this techy stuff. I do love my technology as you will find in the first line in this blog post. But I also like the fact that it all joins together, E.G, the world wide web. I also like the fact you can take messages miles and miles away from where you are sitting/standing.What I mean is I like the very idea of the phone. The glorious,wonderful, remarkable phone. I really like my dads' android phone because it can do loads of stuff. Texting, game-playing (I  like alchemy the best) and lots, lots more. And that is the sort of stuff I like about technology.

By Thomas   

           

No comments:

Post a Comment