Supporting

Friday 27 May 2011

Sharon Shoesmith wins appeal.

I'm going to need your help with this one.

I heard the news announced earlier that Sharon Shoesmith had won her appeal against her sacking by Haringey council. Many of you will have discussed the ramifications of the baby Peter case in class and no doubt in private too. I'm sure that you'll know more of the details surrounding this terribly sad series of events than I do.

I'd like to know what this means? For those of you wanting careers in those areas where the fallout from this case is still being felt, what are the possible outcomes?

The BBC currently have videos online with both Sharon Shoesmith and Ed Balls, who originally made the ruling against Mrs Shoesmith, along with a detailed report of today's outcome.

No doubt the newspapers will have in depth features on this story tomorrow too. If you need me to show you how to view them online then just contact me.

I would very much appreciate your opinions on this story so either leave a comment or email me a response if you feel the need.

No comments:

Post a Comment