Supporting

Wednesday 4 May 2011

The pros and cons of Groupwork.

I recently took part in a group project for a qualification I'm studying.

The lecturers who compiled the groups deliberately put them together to make it as tricky as possible for us to meet. They admitted this after we'd handed in our reports, of course. I have done group projects before. During the second year of my undergraduate degree I was part of a group who decided to dress the same way during a group presentation we made. One lecturer commented that we looked like the gang in reservoir dogs!

There are a number of important books we have in the library for anyone studying the pros and cons of Group work. Some of these are electronic (such as 'Groupwork practice in social work' by Lindsay) and others are paper only. You can also find a lot of articles on the databases about what makes successful groupwork so you shouldn't be struggling for materials.


That said, if you do need some guidance on how to find resources then let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment